Red Barn Ranch is a beautiful 100 acre property located in the foothills of Hopland, CA. Shaded by ancient oak trees, the fields that were once grazing pastures for sheep and cattle, are now covered with lush lawns, perennials a small pond and fountains. We welcome you and would love accommodate you and your guests at your wedding or any other event including, reunions, company picnics, retirement parties, and quinceañeras. Take a look around, we can't wait to hear from you!
About Red Barn Ranch
Red Barn Ranch is a beautiful 100 acre property located in the foothills of Hopland, Mendocino County, California. Red Barn Ranch wasn't always the charming venue it is now. In fact, years ago, Alex Rorabaugh offered to pay someone to tear down the century old sheep barn that was on his ranch...More About Us
Our venue is perfect for any event.
· Family Reunions
· School Reunions
· Company Picnics or Retreats
· Retirement Parties
· Birthday Parties
· Lodging Within 15 Miles of Venue
· List of Recommended Vendors Upon Booking
These are just a few of our features:
· Rustic Saloon
· Shade Structure
· BBQ and Outdoor Fire Pit
· Commercial Grade Ice Maker and Refrigerator
· Maximum Capacity Outdoor: 500 Guests
· Amplified Music Must End at 11:30pm
· Beer and Wine Only
· Venue is available May through October
VENUE SITE FEE: $6,000 - Includes exclusive use of the property for a 48 hour time period. Access is given at 9am on Friday, and checkout occurs at 3pm on Sunday. The facility may be booked with a 25% non-refundable deposit in the amount of $1500.00.
how to find us
16181 Mountain House Rd
Hopland CA, 95449
Rachael is available Monday - Saturday to answer your questions, give tours and tell you more about our wonderful property. Don't forget, you can also find and contact us via Facebook!
If reservation is cancelled less than 30 days in advance, the entire rental fee will be forfeited. Cancellation requests must be made in writing and hand delivered or mailed via USPS at least 30 days in advance of contracted rental period. Cancellation requests will be reviewed by Red Barn Ranch owners and staff and if all contract criteria are determined to be met by applicant, all payments received less 25% non-refundable deposit shall be returned to applicant within 30 days from cancellation request.
· Cancellation for your reservation will occur if:
· The applications are found to contain false or misleading information.
· The proposed use would be detrimental to the health, safety, general welfare, or efficient operation of the facility.
· Should any individual, group, member or guest willfully or through gross negligence, mistreat the staff, equipment, facility, or violate state of local ordinance.
· Failure to make rental payment within minimum times provided.
· If applicant defaults on or has not completed all conditions and requirements for use of the facility.
· Circumstances arising from natural disasters, power outage, or other unusual situation.
· Failure to obtain any required permits.
· Unapproved publicity may be cause for cancellation.
More About Red Barn Ranch
Red Barn Ranch wasn't always the charming venue it is now. In fact, years ago, Alex Rorabaugh offered to pay someone to tear down the century old sheep barn that was on his ranch. But in 2001 his grandson, Kris, purchased a portion of the ranch and began working to beautify the property. Kris and his father Jerry spent months repairing the barn, building fences, putting in drainage systems and a beautiful bass pond, and transforming the property into what it is today.
These days Kris and Rachael Rorabaugh live on the property and offer brides the opportunity to have dream weddings in a gorgeous, rustic setting. We still work to improve the property every day, our family shares a dream for the ranch to become completely self-sustainable and we strive to reach that goal. Solar panels produce all the power we use, a good hot summer is all that is needed to keep our ranch running all year long. During the winter, rainwater is collected in ponds and distributed throughout the property via gravity-flow to keep our lawns fresh and green and our plants thriving. In the spring and summer time when the weeds and grass get too long we lease portions of the ranch for grazing to neighboring cattle ranchers.
The property is only 3 miles away from downtown Hopland where there is wonderful food options, historical buildings and wine tasting. If more dining and lodging options are necessary, we are only about 15-20 minutes away from Ukiah (to the north) and Cloverdale (to the south). The ranch is not all that far from Highway 101 and easy to find on paved, marked roads. Be sure to check out the About Hopland page to learn more about our neck of the woods.
We are glad to welcome you to our property and are ready to accommodate you in any way that we can. From the Bay Area to Lake County and all across Sonoma, Mendocino and the North Coast, we are just about the most convenient, affordable and friendly venue around. Let us show you what small town hospitality is all about!